Thursday, February 24, 2011

I push miracle whips


I'm on a sandwich kick but had sadly run out of Miracle Whip, and a sandwich just isn't a sandwich without the tangy zip of that Miracle Whip salad dressing, so I dropped by the grocery to pick up some more today after work.

As I was checking out, the cashier asked me "What you gonna do, go home and use this to make a whole bunch of sandwiches?"

I answered "Yes, over time, I will use it to make a whole bunch of sandwiches."

Doesn't it seem weird that she asked me that? Buying just a jar of mayonnaise doesn't strike me as question- or comment-worthy.

I wonder if I had been getting a big thing of ketchup if she would have asked me if I was going to go home and use it with a whole bunch of fries.

1 comment:

  1. she was obviously wondering if you were making enough to share with the staff.

    ReplyDelete